TIPS, TRICKS AND FAQS
Everything you need to know before attending a virtual event with Opera Columbus
TIPS FOR STREAMING A VIRTUAL EVENT
Make sure you review all the instructions on accessing your event prior to the start time. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or an @operacolumbus.org email address with instructions 12-24 hours before your event. Instructions for accessing virtual events can also be found below
Make sure you have a steady and strong internet connection prior to your virtual event
- Test your internet speed by clicking here, the link will open in a new tab. To stream a video uninterrupted you need download speeds of at least 25+ Mbps, ideally 50+ Mbps
- If your event is buffering, try disconnecting other devices from your WIFI network or restarting your router
WHAT IF ITS TIME FOR MY EVENT AND THE VIDEO ISN'T PLAYING?
If your event does not automatically load at the event start time, refresh the webpage.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE VIRTUAL GALA?
1. Go to your email that you used when purchasing your tickets
2. Look for an email from an @operacolumbus.org email address with the subject line “Your access link for the Opera Columbus Gala”
3. Read through the instructions provided
4. Click on the link provided in the email
5. The event should start automatically at 6:30PM EST
6. Refresh the webpage at 6:30 PM EST if the video does not automatically start playing
7. If you are attending the VIP event, you will be automatically put into break-out rooms at the end of the event
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I CAN'T ACCESS MY EVENT?
To reach us, text “TECH” to 614-591-7079. We will be answering any streaming questions you may have before or during the event.